Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Project Life, 2015

So about a two months ago I was downloading all my photos from my phone and backing them up on my hard drive when I thought... I really want to print some of these out and make a 'real' album! So I went onto my beloved friend Pintrest and did some searching. I also follow a beauty vlogger on YouTube called Lily Pebbles and way back in January she posted about a scrapbooking project she had done in 2014 called Project Life - find her here. The video she posted really got me hooked and I loved the idea of Project Life. So after some more research and searching around I had decided that this was the way for me to get back into printing photos, and also let me be creative! 

Cue sale from Spotlight (our biggest craft store chain in Australia)... of course Spotlight had to have a 40% off all Project Life sale. So of course, I spent up... big (shush... don't tell the fella!). 



So I have decided to start a PL album for 2015. I won't be doing weekly layouts, as lots of people do, I just don't have enough interesting things that happen to me every week! If I did that there would be LOTS of photos of my animals... and me sitting on the couch drinking tea and reading! Not the most exciting memories to look back on. Instead I will be doing monthly spreads - I am not restricting myself to a specific number of pages per month or anything, I am just going to go with the flow! 

I was pretty excited to do my title page layout, so with lots of inspiration from pinterest and a few facebook groups I have joined - I jumped right in the deep end and this is what I created...




As you can see I still have lots of work to do on my style! But for my first try I am really happy!!! I have just ordered some photos online and as soon as they arrive I am really looking forward to sharing more of my creations!!!

I would love to see some of your creations - I am always looking for new ideas and inspiration. Let me know in the comments your blog/YouTube and I will come and check you out!!!

~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment